Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A load of Pollock!


Diving into the depths of the freezer I came across this bag of fish, it's Pollock, white fish fillets, 520gms for £1:68 there were 8 small fillets in the bag.


They are only small so I defrosted 4 fillets, it was my intention to make fishcakes with them but we had visitors just before I prepared our meal so in the rush after we just had them egged and breadcrumbed and shallow fried in a pan.


They are quick to cook as they,re not very thick, we had them with new potatoes brocolli and a handful of frozen mixed veg and a blob of tartare sauce.




They were very tasty, no skin, no bones and dinner costing under £1 per person makes it a winner.  We will use the other half of the bag next week.  I will definitely buy this again, in fact it is already on my Basics shopping list for next week, I have a  voucher £10 off a £50 shop at Sainsburys this will buy us a huge trolley load....a sea of orange labels lol.

Do you buy Basics products, if so what are your favourites? 

Shhh dont tell anyone but....its stopped raining!!! :-) 

Take care
Karen xxx



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar