Good Afternoon, my dears..
How are you all doing?
As you know Terry and I have been down with the flu and we are thankful for your prayers..
We just start to think we are getting over it when it hits us again..
So annoying when you have dead pine boughs drooping and empty Kleenex boxes all over the place..
I noticed yesterday that the pine on the fireplace mantel here in the family room had turned a nice rusted color.. gross..
I could not stand it and when Terry went to the doctor I decided to start gathering some of it up..
At least it and the ones on the kitchen sill and such are gone..
There are of course some higher up but I am quite week and decided falling off of a chair once in the last few days was quite enough.. smile..
Lovely oranges are so good when you have a cold, eh?
Anyway...
I did start to make something but just could not finish it today..
What do you think it is I am making?
Here is a soup that I did yesterday ...
My Gram always called this ...
POOR MAN'S SOUP..
1 large chopped onion..
3 or 4 peeled and chopped potatoes..
Almost cover it with chicken broth (Gram used just water)
Add some salt and simmer away until tender..
I usually don't need to drain any of this but if you have a lot left then drain until you have about a cup left..
Then add about 1 cup of milk and some cereal cream until you
have the amount of liquid you like..
A knob of butter, freshly ground pepper and a handful of chopped parsley..
Yummy with a crusty roll...
You can double or triple this according to your family...
This serves 2..
Hope you like it..
It is really good for what ails you.. smile..
Doing a little reading today..
Love old books like this..
A source of inspiration...
Thanks so much for dropping by and listening to me complain..
God is good and we are fine..
Just a little under the weather..
And frustrated because there is so much to do...
Perhaps tomorrow I will have the mystery stuff finished and can show you..
Meanwhile let me know what you think it is.... grin..
You guys are fun..
God bless you all...

0 Yorumlar