Sunny days have been few and far between just lately, so when I woke up and saw bright light shining through the bedroom curtains, I jumped out of bed and decided that a day outdoors was the order of the day.
We decided on a trip to Roundhay Park, primarily to visit the gardens, which you can read about on my Garden Visiting In February post on my The Good Life blog, but also so that Archie could have a good run in the park.
I'm always transported back to my wedding day, nearly 24 years ago, when I visit Roundhay Park as we held our reception in The Mansion. It was July and we had torrential downpours of rain as well as sunshine on the day.
Yesterday, the temperature had risen to double figures and it had tempted lots of people to get out in the fresh air, the park was full of dog walkers, couples out for a stroll, families with children on scooters and people just enjoying a break from the incessant rain.
We walked down to the lakeside. Archie had to be put on his lead here otherwise he'd have jumped in, he loves water.
Hundreds of birds were waiting for people to throw bread to them, they were making a raucous noise.
Although we're still in winter, the newly emerging bulbs are reminding me that spring isn't far away. They too were enjoying a rare day of sunshine.
I'm glad that we made the most of it while we could, it's dull and windy again today, though so far, it's been dry. A few more nice days would be very welcome.
I've recently reviewed a book, Rosehips On A Kitchen Table, on my The Good Life blog. The publishers are offering the book as a giveaway prize, and as I know that many of my readers over here on Through The Keyhole would enjoy the book, I thought I'd let you know about it. If you want to be in with a chance of winning it, head over and leave a comment on the relevent post, but be quick, the giveaway ends at noon on Tuesday the 25th of February 2014.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
0 Yorumlar