Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Art in my garden

It's not just plants which make your garden
Granddad here guards the back door.
 I often show you this area, a mixture of colour and form
 Love these pots
 Toadstool or shiny ball
 Out side the back door, get the message I like blue
 My little robin, in the hedge
 a present from a friend
 This bunny has been with us over 10 years
 Hubby's art
 We both love this clock
 And sound, these wind chimes, always the sound of summer.
Shed art is another tale
I have a few stone animals around the plot, as well as bug hotels, bee bells, and far too many bird feeders. As a woman of a certain age, the garden at night lights up with coloured lights, always a great view from the sitting room.
When we arrived here in 2009, there was only the small flower bed at the back, plus a rusty wheelbarrow with a sad rose planted inside. The lawn was full of dandelions and was yellow, the Magnolia tree had loads of growth from the base and looked like a huge bush. So all the beds have been created by us, it has taken time to use the space so well, I would love a bigger garden, but am happy with how this looks. We have discussed an allotment, but there are none close by, and I'm a home person, my joy is stepping outside into my growing area. 
This garden has helped me recover from my battle with cancer, it has entertained loads of fun BBQ's, plus a playground for grand son's, it has seen a few sad times as well, but the joy of seeing life coming back each season gives me so much pleasure.  
Today I have a few task's, the most important is sorting the ground for the new turf, we still need to level it, pulling soil from the middle to the front, we have also hired a roller to ensure it is flat, on Tuesday the top soil will arrive with the turf. 
Today I received a parcel from Dawn, with Oca seeds, I will get them into a couple of large tubs, some thing new for me to grow, photo's next time. 
PS, granddad in the first photo, looks so much like my first husband, Josh calls him Bobby(Ex's name is Bob), it's rather funny.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar