Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lady Kina Knit

 I have had this pattern in my Ravelry queue for a long time. I couldn't work out if it would look too old on me but I decided that if I made it neat and small it might be something I would wear.



After taking on a huge bag of donated wool I kept back these two colours. I don't know what you would call the one - it is not pink, not even antique pink. It is not brown, it is similar to the colour of raw kidneys, it is an 'offally' good subtle colour. I had five 50g balls. 

Can I be honest and say that I based this whole cardigan on two buttons which I had for my birthday! When paired with the other colour, lets say a slightly mottled dark moorland green, it was a match made in heaven. I had three 50g balls of this one.



They are vintage yarns so there was not a yardage count and it was DK not aran (worsted)as the pattern stated so I was taking a punt all round - as usual! You can tell the yarn is old, it was 59p a ball!


I got lucky with the sizing and it was a wonderful make. It needs a good blocking. Luckily, with the stripes in rows of four, it is easy for me to replicate this pattern again in exactly the same size.



This is it before blocking.



I wanted it to be a solid colour really but it was just too darn risky with the unknown yardage I had. I ended up using about about four balls in total so I could have made it all in the kidney colour. Maybe next time...



A tip for me to remember next time is that I used a 5mm needle to cast off from a 4mm needle to ensure that the bottom edge held its A-line shape and didn't pull in. (this is an evening shot under artificial light)


The pattern is free from ravelry and there are lots of makes to peruse. I particularly liked the classy grey version with 3/4 sleeves made by Christina from My colourful life. It is an easy top down knit with some very long rows across the shoulders but it soon got faster as I started the body section. I liked that the front bands were knit as you go because when I add a button band it always curls.

I made the second size which, as mentioned, was a guess because of the yarn but it turned out to be a great fit. Sorry I don't have any photos of me in it. My weekend farm face is just not willing for the camera today and I am not sure which colour long-sleeved T to wear underneath? 

Happy knitting indeed. Thanks for looking. Have a good week. 
Jo xxxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar