Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Romantic Homes Feature and A Valentine's Love Story



 Wooo Hooo! It was on my bucket list and it has happened.  Many months back Romantic Homes contacted me about sending in some pictures of my home for a possible upcoming Romantic Home's Feature.  I was so thrilled since RH is one of my fav magazines.  Romantic Homes editor Sarah O'Keefe contacted me about a month ago and said they were running my office in the March Issue.  It was exciting news.




March 2014 Issue





Sarah Jane O'Keefe did a feature on my office space in RH's Space Savers and creating wonderful work spaces.




Thank you Sarah and Romantic Homes for featuring my office space.
It has been a dream and on the bucket list to someday be in Romantic Homes.  So this was truly a wonderful honor to be included in the March issue.

Now on to the Love Story........................


Since this is Valentines Week.  I thought I would share a little sweet valentine story with all of you.

From time to time I will get a comment or an email from some of you asking about Midge my wonderful sock monkey that Vickie from Ranger 911 made for me and Tracy from Crow's Feet Chic knitted her lovely bikini.  Vickie and Tracy surprised me with Midge when I fell in love with their sock monkey's.  If you have not seen Vickie and Tracy's Sock Monkey's and their adventures you need to visit their blogs and check out those posts!  Too funny and so so cute.  Tracy just recently did a post on Downton Abbey Sock Monkeys.  

 My sweet Midge shows up in posts once in awhile and some of you have inquired where she has been of late.

 Well.... since Midge's total wardrobe consists only of her cute little itsy bitsy bikini that Tracy made for her last summer most of the winter months she is under the heavy duvets in the back bedrooms complaining of this terrible winter and how cold she is.



I think Midge underestimated how cold it gets here in the Midwest in the Winter!  I think she is contemplating being a Miami girl in the winter months.




This is how Midge spends most of her days with this brutal winter we have been having.  Just mostly reading and catching up on her magazines tucked back in the guest room with lots of throws and duvets to keep her warm.




 I was feeling sorry for Midge and to be truthful was really tired of her complaining of how hard it is to live up here in the midwest in the winters with only her bikini!  So I did some Valentine's sock monkey shopping and found a sweet little winter coat for Midge.



Here she is modeling her sweet little Valentine's Day coat.  So much better for these really cold days here in Chicago.



Then one morning last week I heard a typing noise coming from my husband's office area.  I looked in to see Miss Midge on the computer clicking away.

So I asked her "Hey Midge what's ya doin?"  Midge looked up at me and said "oh just catching up on some blogs and looking at my pinterest boards".

Hmmmmmmm I thought.  I was a little suspicious.  Midge has been going in on that computer a lot these past few weeks.  What could she be up too?
Then one night after Midge had been on the computer she forgot to shut it down.  So I took a peak at what was on the computer screen.   I was a little taken back and surprised to see that she was on SockMonkeyMatch.com
This is what I saw up on the screen:





SOCK MONKEY PROFILES FOR MATCH.COM







Hi I am Bill.  I love to fish and go out on my boat.  Looking for a wonderful gal that loves the ocean, sunsets and looks smashing in a bikini.  If you are this girl then text me back I would love to meet you.
Bill


Hi my name is Fredrick and am a full time skier instructor.  I own my own chalet and love fireside chats with Banana's Flambé after a nice day on the slopes.  If you are a monkey that loves the thrill of a down hill adventure then text me.
Fredrick


Hi I am Marty.  I am an adventurer and love to travel the world over.  If there is a tree I will swing from it.  So if you are a tree swinging kind of gal then text me.
Marty.

Yo I am T and I hang from trees  with my dudes.  I like to wear a lot of heavy gold jewelry and sleep all day.   If you want to hang with me and my boys text me.
T

Hi I am Mike.  I am a full time firefighter.  If you want to be the flame of my life text me.
Mike
Ok well that was just a small sampling of what she had up on SockMonkeyMatch.com.


I just knew she was up to something!!!






Then on Friday I hear a siren out in the driveway and Midge running to the front door.  Here in our drive way is Firemonkey Mike from Match.com.  I knew that picture of him reclining in his uniform would get her!










I had to admit they did make a cute couple.  So off they went on their date.










As we go into  Valentine's Week it is so sweet to know that even sock monkey's can find love.  Who knew there was a SockMonkeyMatch.com!

So Midge got a new coat and a new monkey in her life for Valentine's Day.
Hope if you are looking for love you find it during this special week of love and if you already have the love of your life hope you hug and kiss them extra this week.
Happy Valentine's Day
Kris
:)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar