In honor of the San Isidro Labrador holiday, May 15th, another garden update. (He´s the patron saint of farmers and land laborers) a few pics of the garden progress.
I´ve started on the sunny end, dividing beds between flowers and veg. So far, tomatoes, peppers, tomatillos, corn and peas have gone in, still trying to decide where to put the courgettes/zucchinni. Believe it or not, this year I´ve got more tomato plants than room for on the two sections of fencing, so I´ll have to find space for another. Still to germinate are the pumpkins, squashes, cucumbers and melons. Carrots have sprouted. I figure I have about 3 more beds on this end to put in.
After losing almost all the flower seedlings earlier, I´m struggling to get germination. I finally direct seeded and now will have to spend a lot of time hoeing grass out of the beds. Dahlias went in. The sweet peas haven´t exactly leapt out of the ground, but they haven´t died either. Roses and ranunculus are budding up and the iris is spectacular this year.
The first bouquet of 2018






0 Yorumlar