So we spend time reading good stories, and talking about Jesus' birth. I put up Nativity sets and our advent calendars always include verses that tell the Story.
This year I found another way to focus on the Reason for the season.
In the early Autumn I popped into my local Kirkland's. I normally don't go into stores like this because I try not to buy things I really don't need, even if they are cute and would be perfect in my house. You know. This time I spied this painting of the Nativity. It's perfect. I waited and recently they had a deal, so I talked to Tim and bought it! It is about 25" x 38 1/2", just right over my sofa!
When I look at it I am reminded that God gave the Good News to simple men, and they went and told. Those who heard marveled at what the shepherds had to say. I want to still marvel at the gift that was given and to tell it to my children so they can marvel too.

0 Yorumlar