Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks #300: Movies about Animals



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share your movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.

---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Movies about Animals

---


Today's TMP is the 300th one! Can you believe it! We would never reached 300 without all of you that participate every week. And the theme of the day is a suggestion by  Birgit. I was quite apprehensive about this theme at first. I tend to dislike animal movies because a lot of them are super sad. So I've picked ones that are lighter in tone that I love.

Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (1993)
I grew up watching this and loved it. It's a cute, funny and heartwarming adventure and it's one of the few live action movies that feature a cat as one of the main characters.

Puss in Boots (2011)
I like animals in general but I'm definitely more of a cat person. And when I saw Puss in Boots I thought, the writers and animators must be cat people or they must have spent hours observing cats before making the movie because they captured them perfectly and made all the little things they do funny.

The Jungle Book (2016)
I think I may have seen the 1967 Jungle Book as a child but I don't remember much of it. I had thought the idea of a live action The Jungle Book was going to be terrible so I was not interested in seeing the movie at all. Then it was added to Netflix and I thought fine I'll watch it and ended up loving it. The Jungle Book world looked magical and the animal characters were really really well done. The music...the music just gave the movie that extra magic...I absolutely love the musical numbers. Definitely stay for the end credits which has this lovely pop-up book thing with the characters moving around and singing to one of the songs.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this series, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

---

Participating Blogs/Bloggers



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar